Our client is one of the top 5 industry Superannuation funds, and their portfolio continues to grow quickly. They have a strong culture, with a focus to deliver great retirement outcomes for their members.
This a a key role in the Financial team, to work closely with the Senior Accountant, meeting the Fund’s regulatory requirements and ensure investment balances and fees are accounted for correctly. However, a big part of role will utilise your systems expertise to promote and support innovation, and change management, within the financial control function.
- Assisting with the accounting for the Fund’s investments and investment fees; including internal and external fund manager fees
- Assisting with the preparation quarterly/annual APRA returns
- Assisting with the statutory reporting obligations for the Fund, and it’s SPV’s
- Manage the Finance relationship with the Advice team, specifically in relation to the reconciliation and analysis of Financial Planning income.
- Assist with the management and co-ordination of deliverables to third parties including the Fund’s custodian, APRA, Auditors and the Fund’s Actuaries
- Assist with the preparation of key Fund data, including ABI/VBI calculation and reserve balances
- Assist with the preparation of Board and committee papers
- Provide support to the other members of the Financial Control team as required
- Execution of process improvements as required
- Work closely with internal and external system delivery teams to ensure finance systems are configured to operate in line with finance needs.
- Provide tactical solutions to Finance and other business units that fill immediate operational gaps yet build towards strategic solutions
- Automation of controls in relation to managing large-scale volume of transactions flowing through systems every day
To be successful in the role:
- Business/Accounting plus IT degree level qualified with CA or CPA qualification
- Strong accounting standards knowledge, having been gained in a Big 4 environment is preferable
- Understanding of database query and systems analysis experience is essential
- Experience with Superannuation or investment accounting is preferable, as is experience with APRA reporting