A global investment manager with a core focus on growth equities. Established in 2016 by an award winning investment team with a 14 year proven track record of strong returns, the business has over $2 billion in AUM and is owned and controlled by key staff.
The fund has a flexible working environment, with a collaborative team-based approach to decision making. We invest in the personal and professional development of our people and we invest in our culture – behaviours are just as important as performance.
Diversity and inclusion are important, and we are keen to add diversity to our team. We are also cognisant and supportive of the current WFH environment.
Joining a close-knit and driven team of 13, the newly established role of communications officer will provide you with the opportunity to build on your 3-5 years’ experience with a longer-term view to manage the marketing and communications function. Being a specialist, you will have exceptional written skills and the ability to communicate succinctly and deliver content in a client friendly and informative manner.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer but liaising at all levels across the business, the role will begin by undertaking analysis of our current content, assessing the impact of marketing initiatives and channels while building educational and informative content across two continents via multiple mediums. The simple goal is to provide the best client experience.
This is a great opportunity to bring your experience and enthusiasm to a growing business, with a view to learn the investment management business from the ground up and then manage the marketing and communications function. You will have a flexible approach, be able to handle complexity, show demonstrated attention to detail and the ability to apply creative thought to a wide range of problems and tasks.
- Utilise your graphic design skills and fastidious attention to detail to the editing, production, and distribution of all publications & external communications and ensure that materials reflect the funds culture, brand and vision
- Preparing final marketing collateral – fund reports and presentations (monthly, quarterly, annually and ad hoc)
- Write and improve our content – education, reports, corporate and fund profiles
- Monitor the impact of communications by analysing the website, social media, report metrics, and offer advice on current trends and best practices
- Analyse, assess and report on all marketing initiatives and channels and maintain an archive or published material
- Creation and updating of marketing / FAQs dashboards to assist with sales process
- Improve current marketing and sales collateral with a focus on our client experience
- Overseeing and updating the website via WordPress and ensuring its clarity from a client’s perspective
- Developing knowledge and understanding of our funds management business while taking a critical assessment and recommended improvements of our and our competitors’ marketing material and investor relations
- In consultation with the COO, develop an annual marketing and content reach strategy
- Project manage business and website rebranding
- Building organisation-wide Microsoft Office templates (style and colour guide)
- Liaising and building strong rapport with external PR, sales team and financial journalists
Skills and Experience
- Marketing and communications related Bachelor’s degree;
- Experience in financial services desirable, or demonstratable interest
- Strong skills in the Adobe Creative Suite – Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop
- Experienced in managing corporate profiles on LinkedIn, YouTube, social media and WordPress
- Microsoft Office – excellent PowerPoint skills and a good understanding of Microsoft Excel
- Proven ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Excellent communication skills – journalistic level
- Desirable proficiency in Adobe Premiere Pro and /or Final Cut Video editing skills
- Strong organisational skillset
Please click on the link to register your interest by submitting your CV, by COB Friday 18th September 2020. Further questions can be directed to Emma O’Donohue @ The List Recruitment on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0432 580 503.
Australian citizens and Permanent Residents please only apply